If your days are anything like mine, you’ll never find the time finish everything on your day’s ‘to do’ list. Busy people have busy minds, and when your brain is so involved in what you need to do it can sometimes be hard to find tranquility.
Luckily, I’ve concocted five tips to help relieve stress to get back the sleep your mind steals from you every night.
- Go Running. Yeah, Yeah, I know. Who likes to go running? (Pardon those who do) I’ve always hated running, took every opportunity to avoid it. Recently, though, I started running for at least 20 minutes away. Not only is running great for your physical health, but it’s a great time to think and let go of your worries.
- Drink less caffeine. I suppose this is optional if it has no effect on you, but caffeine seems to increase my stress. I suggest finding a stress- free tea and replacing that with some of your caffeinated beverages.
- Take a deep breath or two. One of the most effective ways to relieve stress and calm down quickly is to take slow, deep breaths. Let your breaths bring in serenity and release your bottled up stress.
- Meditate at least once a day. I’m not saying you have to sit criss-cross chanting “om” for an hour. Just sit down, close your eyes. Think. Look up guided meditations on youtube if you’ve never meditated before. Soon, you’ll get your own patterns and meditation will be the greatest thing you’ve ever done for yourself.
- Eat healthier. It’s true, fast food and cheap burgers, may they be tasty and inexpensive, need to go. Not only do they lack the nutrition your body needs to stay healthy, but they’re basically just filler food. You end up eating more and not getting enough nutrients. When you eat healthier, you give yourself the nutrients to keep your body on track and healthy which can significantly relieve stress.